Urgent.ly is an on-demand roadside assistance ( Tow truck) platform or is a like Uber for tow trucks that connects drivers with nearby service providers. The platform allows drivers to request help for issues such as flat tires, dead batteries, and locked-out vehicles, among others. The service is available 24/7, and Urgent.ly claims to have an average response time of under 15 minutes.
Urgent.ly was founded in 2013 by Chris Spanos, Luke Kathol, and Surendra Goel, with its headquarters located in Vienna, Virginia. The company has raised over $90 million in funding and has partnerships with major players in the automotive industry, including BMW and Verizon. Urgent.ly’s success can be attributed to its innovative approach to the traditional roadside assistance model.
By leveraging technology to connect drivers with nearby service providers, Urgent.ly has created a more efficient and cost-effective solution that provides a better customer experience. As the company continues to expand its reach and partnerships, it is poised to become a major player in the automotive services industry.
The traditional model of roadside assistance involves contacting a call center, which then dispatches a tow truck or service provider to the stranded vehicle’s location. This model can be slow, inefficient, and expensive. Additionally, service providers may not always have the right equipment or skills to address the specific issue.
Urgent.ly’s platform connects drivers directly with nearby service providers who have the necessary equipment and expertise to address the specific issue. The platform uses advanced algorithms to match service providers with drivers based on factors such as location, availability, and expertise.
In addition to its core service, Urgent.ly has also developed a suite of additional features to enhance the overall customer experience. These include:
- In-app messaging: drivers can communicate directly with service providers through the app, providing real-time updates and reducing the need for phone calls.
- Live tracking: drivers can track the location of their service provider in real-time, providing increased transparency and peace of mind.
- Estimated arrival time: drivers receive an estimated time of arrival for their service provider, reducing uncertainty and anxiety.
- Transparent pricing: drivers receive upfront pricing information, so they know what to expect before they request service.
Urgent.ly has disrupted the traditional model of roadside assistance, offering a faster, more efficient, and cost-effective alternative. The company claims to have over 45,000 service providers on its platform and has completed over four million service events since its launch. The company’s partnerships with major players in the automotive industry have helped it to expand its reach and gain market share.
- Planning Roadside assistance Investment: 5 Things to Consider
- Uber for Mechanics: Does it work?
- The Benefits of Using a Roadside Assistance Mobile App
What is tow truck app?
A tow truck app is a mobile application that connects drivers in need of towing services with nearby tow truck operators. These apps typically work similarly to ride-hailing apps, allowing drivers to request services and track the progress of their request in real-time.
Features of a Tow Truck App:
- Request for Assistance: The app allows drivers to request towing services by providing their location and the type of service they need. The app then matches the driver with nearby tow truck operators.
- Real-Time Tracking: The app provides real-time tracking of the tow truck’s location, so the driver knows when to expect assistance.
- Driver Ratings and Reviews: The app allows drivers to rate and review tow truck operators based on their experience, helping other drivers make informed decisions.
- Payment Processing: The app allows drivers to pay for services through the app, eliminating the need for cash transactions.
- 24/7 Availability: The app is available 24/7, ensuring that drivers can request services at any time.
Benefits of a Tow Truck App:
- Convenience: The app makes it easy for drivers to request towing services from their mobile devices, eliminating the need to search for a tow truck operator or call a towing company.
- Speed: The app connects drivers with nearby tow truck operators quickly, reducing the time it takes to receive assistance.
- Transparency: The app provides real-time tracking and upfront pricing information, ensuring that drivers have all the information they need to make informed decisions.
- Safety: The app connects drivers with vetted tow truck operators, ensuring that drivers receive safe and reliable service.
- Cost-Effective: The app’s competitive pricing and upfront pricing information can help drivers save money on towing services.
Examples of Tow Truck Apps:
- Urgent.ly: Urgent.ly is a leading on-demand roadside assistance platform that connects drivers with nearby service providers, including tow truck operators.
- Honk: Honk is another on-demand roadside assistance platform that provides towing services through its mobile app.
- HONK for Help: HONK for Help is a mobile app that connects drivers with vetted tow truck operators across the United States.
How we can make tow truck apps
Creating a tow truck app requires expertise in mobile app development and knowledge of the towing industry. Here are the steps involved in creating a tow truck app:
- Identify the Need: Before creating a tow truck app, it’s essential to research the market and identify the need for such an app in your target location.
- Define the Features: Once you’ve identified the need for a tow truck app, you’ll need to define the app’s features. Common features of tow truck apps include requesting assistance, real-time tracking, payment processing, and driver ratings and reviews.
- Choose a Platform: The next step is to choose the platform on which you’ll build your app. You can choose to build a native app for iOS or Android or develop a hybrid app that works on both platforms.
- Hire a Development Team: Developing a tow truck app requires a team of experienced developers, designers, and project managers. You can either hire an in-house team or outsource the development work to a third-party agency.
- Develop the App: Once you have a development team in place, you’ll need to begin the development process. This includes designing the user interface, building the backend infrastructure, and integrating payment and tracking features.
- Test and Launch: After the app is developed, it’s important to test it thoroughly to ensure that it’s bug-free and provides a seamless user experience. Once testing is complete, you can launch the app in the app store and begin marketing it to potential users.
- Maintain and Update: Finally, it’s important to maintain and update the app to ensure that it continues to provide a great user experience. This includes fixing bugs, adding new features, and responding to user feedback.
Creating a tow truck app requires expertise in mobile app development, an understanding of the towing industry, and a focus on providing a seamless user experience. By following these steps, you can create a successful tow truck app that meets the needs of drivers and tow truck operators alike.